Friday, October 19, 2018

Book Review: Flirting with Fire by Piper Rayne

This was a slow burn romance that put a spell on me and was sweet like chocolate. Even though this was only the first book so far, I already know that this is going to be one of my favorite series by this author duo and everyone needs to meet the Bianco brothers as well as Maddie and her friends!
‘Whose idea was it to switch our paddles and bid on a hot bachelor for the other? Not mine, that’s for sure.’
Mauro Bianco has turned from heartthrob and self-centered jock at high school into a charming man saving lives for a living. If that wasn’t the perfect guy for a Hollywood romance I don’t know who was. He’s such a sweet and caring guy and had me swooning and awwing with everything he did and said like he was my own high school crush. He always knew what to say without being too cheesy for a man and I loved it!

I absolutely get why Maddie fell for him but she stood in her own way to happiness as she even as a grown woman still felt self-conscious and insecure although she didn’t look like her teenage self anymore.
She’s smart and so funny. She was also a dreamer and one for hearts, flowers and fairytales. But she had the typical woman syndrome to overanalyze and overthink everything.

The book was perfect from Prologue to Epilogue and I was melting with the overload of cuteness it contained. The romance took its time but the long build-up was so worth the wait!

Although there were some funny scenes, this book didn’t have as many hilarious moments as I was used to from some previous books and what I anticipated from the prequel, but it could definitely hold its own with a very cute story.

M & M were so cute together once she got more comfortable being around her high school crush and he stopped thinking of her as a people pleaser and quiet girl. I almost couldn’t handle all that sweetness from those two. Maddie was the matching lid to his pot – if that’s the right saying. =P

It all started with a bid on a hot bachelor, and in the end they’ve come a long way and found their perfect ending. I hope and I’m kinda sure of that we’re still going to see them in the coming books following the other Bianco brothers.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment