Monday, March 18, 2019

Book Review: Web of Lies by Tracie Delaney

You need Nate in your life, trust me!

Who would have thought?! I had absolutely no expectations for this book because although I liked the previous ones, Cash and Rupe were still my favorites from this author. But Nate just blew me away. There’s no wonder why readers all over the world try to claim him, but please give me at least a little piece of him too! *pretty please*

I absolutely loved this amazing book, not only for the romance but most of all for Nate's touching story. Oh my heart!
To be honest, I can't say that I liked Nate’s arrogance very much in the beginning, but like with all the other women he had me wrapped around his finger in no time. And when I read about his secret and the burden he carried with him, my heart ached for him so badly.

This book was definitely the best and my favorite in this series. There's so much to love in this book with Nate's big heart, Dex's feistiness, the banter between these two, the hot sex scenes!, the hilarious moments that cracked me up so hard, and last but not least the entire lovely Brook family.

Nate was cocky, arrogant, and used to getting his way not only with women. What I loved most about him was how deeply he cared for his brothers, even though he would probably deny it. I loved his honesty and how straightforward he was. Nate had a different and much warmer side, which he sadly closed off altogether for a specific reason. This secret though was slowly dragging him down and destroying him. At some point during this story, I had an idea on what this secret could be, but it still got to me and had my heart aching so much when it was finally revealed. My heart broke so badly for him, it had me in tears.

Dex was one hell of a woman, a feisty little lady, a real spitfire. She may have been small in size but she didn’t let people step on her and made up for her size with her character and no-bullshit-attitude. When she got fired because of Nate you can imagine how she exploded. Lucky for her, he was hell bent on getting her job back and so intrigued by how she didn’t bend to his will and cower in front of him, that he had a hard time getting her out of his head.

Hottie hot in the parking lot. Haha! I loved the sexual tension between the characters and how even a kiss was such a huge turn on. But I loved even more that there was so much more between them than only sexual attraction.

I warmed up pretty quickly to Nate and I loved the banter between him and Dex. They gave it to each other good and I preferred this to her being all sappy from the first sight. Well, she was obviously weak in the knees around him but she still stood her ground and didn’t let him do whatever he wanted. She was a fierce lady and he had his work cut out for him. I loved that she didn’t back down from any situation and didn’t give in when they exploded on one another because it made their bond afterwards even stronger.

I think my most favorite part was their time in New York. I loved to see the family together no matter the heaviness that surrounded Nate.
With the last brother’s book being done now, it’s sad to say goodbye to the characters but hopefully we’ll see them again at some point. =P

-- I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given by the author. --

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment