Thursday, March 22, 2018

Book Review: My Gift To You by Tracie Delaney


     ‘”What’s your story Olivia Hayes?”’ 
This is a really hard review to write for me. I actually don’t know what to say. I thought this would be a really nice romance as I adore the author and loved her previous work but I obviously underestimated her. Oh my, this was an emotional rollercoaster. I can’t believe the author put me through all of that. I haven't been this scared to finish a book in a long time. I was losing my mind out of fear and frayed nerves. I’m so exhausted as if I just ran a marathon. *LOL*

It wasn’t a book where I fell in love with the characters instantly but where I bonded with them over their experiences, which felt so real to me that I connected with them on a much more meaningful level.

There was so much happening in this book, it would be impossible to even tell you what’s going on. You just have to make do with the blurb and see where the book will take you. I felt like I was going through a whole lifetime with many highs and many lows. It definitely was nothing I would have expected.

The author did great with the emotional aspect of the story and although I did feel with the characters, for most of the time it wasn’t as deep as it probably would have been if it had been written in the first person POV. That’s obviously a matter of personal opinion so please don’t let this scare you away from this amazing book. I still felt as if my heart was put through the wringer in the end.

To be honest, the epilogue was the decisive factor for my decision to give this book a full star rating and it was with a laughing and a crying eye that I closed the book. I love how the author delivers those seemingly simple yet absolutely beautiful stories that touch you unexpectedly and I can’t wait to find out what she has in store for us next.
‘She craved the feelings this man was stirring in her, yet she feared them at the same time. The push and pull was exhausting.’ 
-- I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given by the author. --

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment