Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Book Review: She Asked for It by Willow Winters


This was my second book by this author and it’s such a pity that I had troubles reading it. After I fell in love with the characters in Forget Me Not, I was really looking forward to this release but it just didn’t click with me.

I’m not sure what happened, maybe I had different expectations where this story would go, so, sadly, you could say this was so not my cup of tea. The blurb sounded very promising and even the prologue had me intrigued but the characters weren’t exiting at all and the story didn’t move forward. Everything felt very dull and on a standstill. I hate to say those things but it’s just how I felt during this read because I had zero connection to the characters and can’t even say anything about their personalities. For most of the first half it was all about him wanting her and her wanting him but she kept on thinking how bad it was to get involved with him. They had a cat and mouse game going and I was just not interested in it. There wasn’t anything exciting for me but if you like characters’ playing catch, then this is your book.

I really tried to like this book and kept on going till the end but I skimmed through a few pages here and there because I’m really stubborn on finishing my books. Honestly, I’m not sure if it was worth it, sticking to it, although I even had misty eyes at one point and the ending was kind of nice, but you have to find out for yourself if this is your book or not.

No matter how much I wanted to like this book, it just felt dull for the majority of the story. The writing wasn’t the problem, and the characters were okay I guess, but it felt like the prologue was preparing me for something bad and I was waiting for it to happen in this book. So I was waiting and getting frustrated at how the characters behaved and it just took too long for the story to get to its point and eventually I lost interest and skimmed unimportant scenes.

Hopefully, the next book will be better again because I’m not giving up on this author just because of this little misstep (which it was for me at least).

-- I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given by Give Me Books Promotions. --

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment