Monday, May 6, 2019

Book Review: With Ties That Bind #1 by Trisha Wolfe



The danger to women in the city isn't gone although the Arlington Slasher case is closed. A new series of killings has Detective Quinn working closely with Avery, which puts his control into test. The desire between them grows but their situation of being colleagues and her currently fragile state of mind after what was done to her make everything a lot more complicated.
'So now I have a secret, too. I slip my hand into his large, rough one and curl up next to his strong arm, savoring the feel of his comfort for the last time.'
Well, I'm here because of Quinn. =P I loved him in the With Visions of Red Series and couldn't wait to see him lose some of his strictness, because he has that need to be in control at all times. And now the current events have his control slipping from him with a new murder on the streets and the woman of his desire in danger again.
I loved seeing Quinn a little bit unhinged because he was torn between protecting Avery and keeping his distance to her.
'A man can only be tested so many times before he breaks. And Avery Johnson is a whole different kind of temptation.'
Just like the previous series, this book was also a short and quick read. I’m sure the next two will be as well. The suspense made it seem even faster because you just want to know what will happen next and aren’t able to put the book down. Of course the ending has me at the edge of my seat and I’ll dive right into the second book.
'Being in control of my surroundings and myself is what keeps my instincts sharp. I depend on it at all times. But with Avery, I feel that control slipping, weakening more and more every second.'
Avery made it really hard for Quinn to resist her. And who can blame him?! She's such a temptation. I can’t wait to see more of the safe and guarded Quinn losing control of his black and white life. I loved his protectiveness and need to see him unravel and shed his controlled demeanor to protect the woman he has feelings for.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment