Sunday, May 5, 2019

Book Review: With Visions of Red #3 by Trisha Wolfe

The final showdown!
Phew! What a ride it’s been. Who knew that this was going to be such a complex murder case?! Oh my, what a suspenseful mindfuck. It was way more intricate than what I thought it would be, but oh so good!!

When you like gripping suspense with a little steam added to the mix, this series is a great storyline to dive into especially because it's so unpredictable.

The Story:
Since someone close to Sadie was taken by the killer, time was running out way faster than ever. With barely anyone to trust, will Sadie be able to find the woman in time and save her before the killer loses his interest and discards of her too?

Thoughts:
Colton was a rock for Sadie. He helped her in so many ways and guided her into acceptance of her inner demon. Sadly, their relationship took a backseat in this final installment, although there was never the entire focus on it before either but rather on catching the killer – which I preferred anyway. But at the end, I was unsure where their future will lead them and that’s kind of unsatisfying.

Regardless, the suspense in the story was there from start to finish and somehow I did not see the ending coming. I also did not guess entirely correctly about the villain, although I had a suspect at one point whom I discarded too quickly. Other than that, there was no way to discover the bad guy until he was revealed by the author. I loved this a lot because there’s no better way to ruin the suspense of a story than to uncover the villain right from the start.

The only thing I wasn’t keen on again was the UNSUB’s POV because somehow his chapters confused me every time during this entire series and I didn't like the way it was written at some parts. Maybe it was purposely but for me it was rather irritating and took me out of the suspenseful and thrilling mood I was in from Sadie's POV’s.

Can't say that I saw the ending coming and I also can't say that I was very fond of it, but I liked it nonetheless in a strange way.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment