Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Book Review: With Visions of Red #1 by Trisha Wolfe


The ending made me want to dive right into the second book. It was suspenseful and had me on the edge of my seat for at least half of the story. Though the book didn’t grab me right from the start and I was always made aware of it being fictional due to the killer’s POV. Other than that, I liked Sadie’s character as well as Colton’s and Quinn’s.
I’m still edgy because I don’t know who the killer is and I keep guessing and pointing my finger. It’s addictive and I already put all the other connecting books of this series on my tbr pile.

The Story:
Sadie Bonds led two lives. By day she worked as a profiler to catch killers and by night she sought out a place where she could let her inner demons roam.
When she met Colton, she was torn between the allurement and the danger of what it would mean to give in to her inner desire. He wanted to free her and make her face her demons. But was she able to accept his help? Could she ever break the chains of fear?!
‘I now know what evil lurks where even the light is afraid to shine.’
Thoughts:
I don't know why I expected this book to be a dark read, it wasn’t, or rather it didn’t feel that way, though it had some darkish elements and very hot moments. Maybe I’m just used to darker books. Anyway, it wasn’t what I anticipated but it was a great read and a suspenseful crime story. It mostly followed Sadie, how she was constantly on edge because of her demons that held her captive for years, and the investigation of the horrifying deaths in her town.

Sadie’s past still haunted her and made her seem a little paranoid at times. I liked this though because it gave the story even more edge.

Colton is still a mystery to me because there's something about him which I can’t pinpoint. He has a secret past of his own that hasn’t been revealed yet and I can’t wait to find out more. He’s a controlled man and I loved his calmness and how he slowly seduced Sadie with his words and deliberate actions.

Detective Quinn was rather unimposing at first but I came to like him more and more.

I liked this book a lot but somehow I couldn’t fully fall in love, though I was very much captured at the end. It was an alluring story nonetheless and I highly recommend giving it a try.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment