Saturday, August 4, 2018

Book Review: Protecting Caroline by Susan Stoker


Now, don't get me wrong, I devoured this book and thoroughly enjoyed reading this fast paced, suspenseful and easy read but some things were just a little too convenient for my liking. Was Tex a genius? He could do anything better than others. And why did everything that a military man trained hard for seem so easy for an ordinary civilian woman?

Anyway, I liked this book a lot; also because the hijacking of the plane was just one of many dangers they had to survive. The characters were great despite the – may I say - lack of depths in personality, the story moved fast ahead and had me on the edge and who doesn't love a bunch of funny, hot navy seals?!

I’m not sure why others complained about the writing because I think it was pretty good although there's space for improvement, but the author knows how to keep the reader on the edge and going. It's more or less the details that would need some fine-tuning.
If you're searching for a heavy literature work, you should keep on looking; but if you like easy reads and to get sucked into enthralling stories, then look no further and prepare for swooning.
'If she couldn't trust a SEAL, then she couldn't trust anyone.'
I kind of liked that the heroine wasn’t described as the most beautiful woman turning heads and whatnot. It's great that she was somewhat normal and got by unnoticed more often than not. I at least could relate to her and liked the message that looks and especially the first glance at someone aren’t everything.

This was a very enjoyable and quick read for me and I’m looking forward to reading more from this author.

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment