Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Book Review: Happy Hour by Piper Rayne

Hilarious! I loved it!

The first quarter of the book was so funny and I absolutely loved it. It ventured off more into the romance part after that which I still liked a lot but I really loved the first part the most with the push and pull between the characters. I loved Hanna as well as Roarke. Both gave it to each other pretty good and didn't hold back on witty remarks. She was a strong female character who could definitely hold her own and who found a perfect counterpart in Roarke. I loved to see that he also had a vulnerable side though, because she thought that he was arrogant when in reality he was only this tough lawyer at work but a real charmer and sweetheart on the inside.

The Story:
Roarke was quick-witted and determined to win Hanna over. Though she rather ran in the opposite direction of her ex’s attorney; the man who robbed her of half her fortune for this cheating bastard. Will he ever be able to make her see beyond that? Is there a chance for them to get over the circumstances on how they met?
'The fucking bastard smiles like I just jerked him off until his cum dripped down my fingers like a melted ice cream cone.'
Thoughts:
Roarke's a lawyer through and through in everything he did which was actually really refreshing to read because it was different to all the characters who usually rarely act in a way that lets you guess their profession.

He was actually really sweet. Who would have thought? And I liked how he took care of everything to show Hanna that he didn't need her money and only wanted her for herself. Obviously, he had a way with words and I was surprised that he wasn't anything close to what I imagined him to be.
He was thorough in what he did and seemed like to have a plan for everything. He surely liked to be in control of any situation but he still let Hanna have her freedom and voice instead of pushing his way on her, he was only nudging her in the direction. =P
'Mr. Baldwin wants to play, I can fucking play. The most arrogant predator always underestimate their prey.'
Roarke didn't have it easy with a strong and independent woman like Hanna who got hurt and betrayed by her ex-husband. Naturally, she was suspicious and comparing his actions to her ex-husband’s and wondered if she could really trust a man ever again.
'He's the devil in the gray suit and if I don't treat carefully, I'm likely to forget it.'
There was a glimpse into the next series at the end of the book but I only read what was part of Hanna's story because I never read sneak peeks of upcoming books. I just prefer to read the full book when it's out and I'm definitely going to read them.

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment