Thursday, July 26, 2018

Book Review: Adrenaline Heat by Carolyn Reilly

I fully enjoyed this unputdownable kick-ass story which had a fast pace and really lived up to its title.

Talk about thrilling. Adrenaline Heat had me on the edge of my seat like the James Bond movies my boyfriend makes me watch all the time. =P Although it’s not a secret agents book it did have some similarities due to the deception, secretiveness, the advanced technology and all the fancy gadgets, not to mention the very heated moments in between. And I loved all of it!

This book was somewhat different to the first one because book #1 had a lot of necessary information about the complex world the characters lived in and their background basics, whereas book #2 had a faster pace and fully concentrated on the main couple’s story. But fear not, there was still a lot of action going on with the continuing of GovCorp’s scheming.

The Story:
Luna only wanted to help her sister but instead found herself in a tricky situation when GovCorp blackmails her into betraying her husband. Being stuck in this seemingly hopeless dilemma only gets worse when her lies are revealed because it’s not only her world that comes tumbling down.

Thoughts:
Although this book is about a different couple, it’s recommended to read the first book first, not only because it’s a brilliant story but also because this world of GVs is rather complex and there’s a lot of information in the first book that is important to fully understand what’s going on, and also because the story of Luna and Oliver started there. But I must say that if you don’t much care about background information and don’t get easily confused when you don’t know every detail and you really don’t want to start from the beginning, you could probably just read this book and still enjoy the suspenseful love story on its own. It’s up to you.

Now on to the characters. Oliver and Luna didn’t have it easy as their marriage got shaken up and had them in an emotional turmoil. I never resented Luna for what she did because I think she had understandable reasons for her actions. Despite his troubled feelings because of what she’d done Oliver was very protective of his woman and I loved that most about him. I’m a sucker for love that’s overshadowed by dark emotions like anger. What can I say, I like to see the characters having to work for it. =P

As I mentioned before this second story focused more on the couple and their obvious problem although the bad guys were still at work and both were perfectly woven into a fantastic story.
This is a highly recommended read for all the fans of well written books with a great storyline and lots of suspense.

-- I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given by the author. --

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment